Well, this month wasn’t exactly the month I was hoping for, running wise. I felt like I was getting back into the swing of things when I last tallied my weekly mileage, but then I woke up the day after I wrote that post very, very sick. I thought maybe I could run through it, but my body said no to even really short runs.
Once I was feeling a bit better, I tried a few three mile runs leading into the next week, but some crazy days of house renovation really threw off my running that week as well.
From there, well, I decided I had to be honest with where my conditioning really was at that point. My training has just felt so inconsistent since August. So, I decided to go back to the early days and slowly build back up my mileage, keeping with four days on, three days off.
This past week was a lot of fun since a good friend from the Bay Area was in town. I’ll call her L. L and I ran together a lot when I lived in the Bay Area, so it was natural for us to make time to run together while she was visiting. Even though I was nervous that I might be doing too many longer runs too soon, running with friends felt great. And, because I was again only running four days, my total mileage at the end of the week was actually right where I wanted it to be.
Note to self: I should really find ways to run with friends more often!
I plan to aim for five days on this coming week and continue from there. Here’s to hoping I can turn this inconsistency into a consistent build up so that I can get back to some real mileage!
- Monday, November 2: off
- I woke up so very, very sick today.
- Tuesday, November 3: 0.5 mile with stroller
- Wednesday, November 4: 1.0 mile with stroller
- Thursday, November 5: 2.0 miles on treadmill
- Friday, November 6: off
- Saturday, November 7: off
- Sunday, November 8: 3.0 miles on treadmill
- ↳ Weekly total mileage: 6.5 miles
- Monday, November 9: 3.0 miles on treadmill
- Tuesday, November 10: off
- Wednesday, November 11: off
- Thursday, November 12: 2.5 miles on treadmill
- Friday, November 13: off
- Saturday, November 14: 3.0 miles with husband
- Sunday, November 15: 3.0 miles with stroller
- ↳ Weekly total mileage: 11.5 miles
- Monday, November 16: off
- Tuesday, November 17: off
- Wednesday, November 18: 5.0 miles total
- 4.0 miles with stroller
- 1.0 mile with stroller
- Thursday, November 19: 5.0 miles on treadmill
- Friday, November 20: 5.0 miles on treadmill
- Saturday, November 21: off
- Sunday, November 22: 2.0 miles with stroller
- ↳ Weekly total mileage: 17.0 miles
- Monday, November 23: off
- Tuesday, November 24: off
- Wednesday, November 25: 6.0 miles total
- 3.7 miles with stroller and L+L
- 2.8 miles with L
- Thursday, November 26: 5.8 miles with L+L
- Friday, November 27: 4.5 miles with L+L
- Saturday, November 28: off
- Sunday, November 29: 4.0 miles with husband
- ↳ Weekly total mileage: 20.3 miles